Thursday 21 May 2015

The Writer in Me

There is this tiny creature that has inhabited my sometimes boring disposition, my chaotic mind, my subtle heart, my steady fingers (yet in other aspects have lost dexterity).
This tiny creature has dwelt in me since I have made connections with that thing called BALLPOINT PEN. But wait, don’t get too excited and raise your expectation meter up to levels I can’t keep up. I know, what you’re thinking….
…..I’m not that kind of writer…
I write. I write only to express what I feel. I write at times because I have to. When I write, there is always this struggle of lengthening the piece. So I thought, writing ain’t my thing.
The recent circumstances pushed me to a much greater length to where I am right now. I thought, I am a writer. Just not the lengthy type. Maybe this explains my inclination to poetry and my utmost dislike to novels. Don’t get me wrong. I have nothing against novels. It’s just me. I have issues with lengthy pieces except when they are illustrated or videographed. Maybe because I am spatial.
The worst thing about me is I AM NOT A WIDE READER. Well, I wouldn’t say I don’t read. As a matter of fact, I do. However, my type of reading materials is terribly narrow. Mainly because I don’t read if the material doesn’t have pictures or illustrations. I don’t read if the material is too lengthy because I get information overload. I get bored.
My suspicion is that maybe, just maybe, my brain is designed that way.
I am a writer. Just not the lengthy type.


No comments:

Post a Comment

EYES HERE!

  MOST OF MY BLOGS ARE TRANSFERRED AT  msjeanillec.blogspot.com DO SEARCH IT THERE.