Monday 4 November 2019

Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs


SNOW WHITE AND THE SEVEN DWARFS
(re-arranged for chamber theatre by jcogtas)

CHARACTERS: Queen, Mirror, Snow White, Prince, 7Dwarfs (12)

QUEEN: "I'm the Queen. I'm beautiful. (to the audience) Don't you think I'm beautiful? And I'm wicked. No one is more beautiful and more  wicked than I am. (to her Mirror) Right?

MIRROR: The Mirror replies, "Yes, Oh Repulsive and Ravishing Queen."

QUEEN: Gratified, she smirks with pleasure.

MIRROR: The mirror addresses the Queen as 'Oh, Loathsome One,' or 'Oh, Beautiful and Hateful
One' . . . He stammers to tell her that: “My beautiful, my loathsome”

QUEEN: She got irritated with the stammer, “Cut to the chase, will you?”

MIRROR: Snow White is still the fairest of all!, he trembled in fear…

QUEEN: The queen grows furious, she barely says a word in a few seconds then she regains her
composure. “I’ll take care of the matter, I vowed to rid myself of Miss goody-goody Snow  White.” She transforms herself into an old beggar woman, and tricks Snow White into biting into a poison apple.

DWARFS: As she gloated over her sleeping victim, the dwarfs arrived. Gathering around the Queen, they force her to take a bite of her poison apple, cheering when she cries:

QUEEN: "What have you done? This means I'll be an old hag forever!" then she runs off.

DWARFS:  They gather around Snow White, sobbing.

PRINCE: But then her Prince arrives and awakens her. “Wake up my beloved, hear my voice”

SNOW WHITE: She took a deep breath then slowly opened her eyes and saw a handsome sight.
“It’s you!”, she stood up and bow to the prince then she looked at him

PRINCE AND SNOWHITE: They look into each other’s eyes.

PRINCE: Then the prince holds her hand, “Come with me to my kingdom and I’ll be yours forever; to serve you and to love you”, the prince begs on bended knees

SNOW WHITE: Snow White holds his hand, looks him in the eyes and gives  him a sweet smile. She  motions him to stand up, “There is no need to beg. I am yours forever: to serve you  and to love you.”

DWARFS: Smiling through tears of joy, the Dwarfs wave goodbye as Snow White and her Prince
go off together to his kingdom. “They lived happily ever after.”



DISCLAIMER
The dialogue is not mine.
 I found the script intended for reader's theatre 
which I can't trace where I found it since it has been
 quite some time now. This is just a remake for the
 purpose of my students' performance activity.



RELATED POSTS






No comments:

Post a Comment

EYES HERE!

  MOST OF MY BLOGS ARE TRANSFERRED AT  msjeanillec.blogspot.com DO SEARCH IT THERE.